Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
PJS Overseas Limited (the Company) has been focusing on sustainable growth since its inception. Besides business goals, its prime focus has been on social activities as provided under schedule VII of Companies Act, 2013.
This Corporate Social Responsibility Policy laid down the guidelines and mechanism to carry out CSR Projects by the Company and to report its CSR work in the format provided by the Corporate Social Responsibility Rules (CSR Rules) under Companies Act, 2013.
Constitution of CSR Committee and Formulation of CSR Policy
The Board of Directors of the Company has re-constituted Corporate Social Responsibility Committee of the Board comprising of Mr. Vijay Kumar Sachdeva, Ms. Snigdha Goel and Mrs. Vibha, Directors of the Company.
The role of the Committee inter alia, includes the following:
- Formulate and recommend to the Board, a CSR Policy, which shall include the activities to be undertaken by the Company as specified in scheduled VII of Companies Act, 2013.
- Recommend the amount of expenditure to be incurred on these activities.
- Monitor the CSR Policy of the Company from time to time
CSR Projects, Programs and Activities
In accordance with the specified activities under the Act read with Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Rules, 2014 (the “CSR Rules”), and any amendment(s) thereof, the CSR activities of PJS Overseas Limited will focus on the following areas:
- Eradicating extreme hunger and poverty: Providing free food to poor and needy ones.
- Promoting Health care including preventive health care: Organizing health campaigns from time to time to prevent untimely deaths and to promote health of the nation.
- Promoting Education: Distributing education materials and carrying on other related activities to promote education.
- Promoting Gender Equality and Empowering Women: To empower underprivileged girl child and women by granting them financial assistance or by supporting them in any legitimate manner for their better future.
Implementation, Monitor and Review of the CSR Policy
PJS Overseas Limited will undertake its CSR activities, approved by CSR Committee, through Company personnel or such other entity or organization as approved by the CSR Committee.
The CSR Committee will decide on the location for CSR activities.
The surplus arising out of the CSR activities, projects or programs shall not form part of the business profit of the Company.
Company personnel and such other organizations engaged in implementing CSR activities will also assist the Board and CSR Committee in reporting the progress of deployed initiatives and in making appropriate disclosures (internal/external) on periodic basis.
This policy has been framed in accordance with Section 135 of the Act and in accordance with the CSR Rules notified thereof by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India and shall apply to all CSR projects to be undertaken by the Company as per Schedule VII of the Act, within the geographical limits of India only.
CSR Activities and Budget
The Company shall undertake CSR activities as defined in Schedule VII of the Act. The Board would approve amount to be spent on CSR activities during every financial year as recommended by the CSR Committee and as required under the law.
The Company shall follow and comply with the requirements for disclosure of the CSR Policy and/ or CSR activities in the Board’s Report of the Company or otherwise, as may be required in terms of the provisions of the Act, as applicable from time to time.
Issued on Authority of the CSR Committee of PJS Overseas Limited
Vijay Kumar Sachdeva